See related shipping/receiving clerk available now:
What does a shipping/receiving clerk do?
A shipping and receiving clerk verifies and maintains records on incoming and outgoing shipments, and prepares items for shipment. Duties include assembling, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products.
What do I need to get a shipping/receiving clerk?
Howard Community College offers online certifications for Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) and Certified Logistics Technician (CLT). The CLA is a foundation level online program appropriate for individuals at the entry level. Course topics will include:
- Global supply chain logistics life cycle
- Logistics environment
- Logistics equipment and safety principles
- Quality control practices
- Relevant computer systems and applications
The CLT is a mid-level course for individuals who have completed CLA or already have industry experience. To take the CLT course, an individual must have successfully passed the CLA test. Course topics will include:
- Receiving and stocking products
- Processing and shipping product orders
- Inventory control
- Handling hazardous materials
- Dispatch, routing, and tracking
What is the median salary for a shipping/receiving clerk?
Where can I go from here?